Combined Online + In-Studio
Freelance Interior Designer | Kitchen, Bedroom & Bathroom designer | Interior Designer (employee)
Our Interior Design Foundation courses will guide you through all the aspects of the Interior Design Profession, from drawing and presentation techniques to three-dimensional thinking of interior design. Whether Home-Studying or with us in the studio you will learn all the essential skills of an interior designer including concept boards, drawing plans and elevations using CAD software.
21 Modules will teach you all you need to know about soft furnishings, lighting, colour and sourcing materials, whilst gaining an understanding of all the different interior design elements, different room types, home measure, different drawing options, presentations and also about how to establish your own interior design business and how to promote it.
For each module, a dedicated tutor in your language will introduce you to the course contents and new skills to learn and help you piece together your own professional portfolio to kick-start your career.
This course is a foundation programme and you do not need any previous experience in the field as you will be taught everything you need to get you started in the industry. All you need is a real passion for interior design!
By the end of this course you will:
- Have completed a professional portfolio on a residential project design brief
- Learn the fundamentals of interior design
- Be confident in presenting to present a successful design brief to your clients
- Learn how to use 3d Design software
- Received all course materials in both English AND a language of your choice
- Set up and market your own business and start your career in design
Combined In-Studio Experience
The combined online and in-studio course option offers you a unique face to face experience with one of our tutors over three days. You will have the chance to experience:
- A real home measure with real customers
- Talk to real joiners, builders and other contractors and ask as many questions as you like
- Learn the basics of a design software of your choice (Autocad, Archicad, Sketchup or Articad)
- Accompany an experience designer to some of the interior design shops where you can see, touch and learn about different material types that you will probably use in future
- Ask as many questions as you like about the business set up, business running and marketing of an interior design business
- Enjoy a unique stay in our of our partner hotel stays in the heart of the New Forest Hampshire in the UK, with a half-board arrangement
Experience the unique style of the New Forest area in the county of Hampshire in the UK. The price includes a 3 night stay in the beautiful Passford House Hotel in Lymington on a half board arrangement. Enjoy the characteristic ‘relaxed luxury’ that the New Forest offers, with an indoor and outdoor pool, a la carte menu, spa, stunning gardens and Gym. You will receive a welcome pack at arrival and the training and dedication of one of our tutors for the 3 day stay.
Photo courtesy of Passford House Hotel
Introduction: your personality and finding your style
Preparation, contracts and contractors
Initial consultation and understanding home styles
Drawing basics and taking measurements
Types of drawing including perspective
Elements of design I: Space, Line and Form
Elements of design II: Lighting, colour texture & pattern
Different styles of Interior Design
Design boards and finding inspiration
Room types: Dinning rooms and children rooms
Restaurant environments and stairs
Structural design: Doors and windows
Understanding building components: Walls
Understanding building components: Flooring
Computer or laptop, A4 papers, notebook, tape measure, laser measure (not essential), pen, pencil, scale ruler, simple ruler.
Assessment and Accrediations
We will assess every exercise that you will complete after each module and we will also ask you to complete the final assessment. After the successful completion, we will issue a fully accredited certificate.
Please visit our CPD Accreditation section if you want to learn more.